Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ribbon holder


I have been working like mad to organize my craft room. I have had this ribbon holder on my "to do" list for a while. I love the way it is so easily organizes my ribbon and creates some wall interest at the same time. I simply took a wooden frame and measured the space inside. My frame happened to be 19 1/2 by 15 1/2. I simply measured the diameter of some of my larger spools of ribbon to determine how much clearance each of the wood dowels would need. I needed to space my dowels 4 inches apart. I measured and marked my frame off accordingly. I allowed a top and bottom margin and then marked off every four inches on both sides of the frame. Then I drilled a hole on each of those points and screwed in the hooks. These are just mug hooks with a threaded screw type end. Then I measured and cut down my dowels to fit in the hooks. Lastly I added my ribbon. The dowels easily pull out of the hooks but are still secure even when they are full of ribbon spools. Once I get this room painted I may repaint the frame and dowels but until then it serves its purpose.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I have been trying to decide how to get my ribbon orgnaized! Great idea! I might be stealing it!

Sarah said...

oooh, love it!!! i'm going to try it today!!!